I am looking to utilise my administration, IT and creative skills in a challenging and rewarding role. I can offer you commitment, loyalty and an organised approach to tasks including data capture, media and helpdesk support. Having worked with libraries, colleges and local churches I can bring excellent communications skills, the ability to adapt to a diverse range of needs and provisions. As well as having an extensive IT and media experience, I have been involved in youth and community work, supporting individuals, setting up activities and raising awareness and funding for a variety of activities. As well as having the commitment and drive to work alone, I enjoy working with colleagues, sharing knowledge and learning from each other, to be part of a successful team would be a wonderful opportunity.
January 2016 – May 2016 –
- Deliver a high level of customer service to ensure customers feel valued and will return to the store
- Deal with customer queries, resolving any issues in a professional manner
Responsible for stock replenishment and rotation
- Adhere to health & safety procedures and ensure the store is kept clean and tidy at all times
July 2015 – Dec 2015
• Assist the Communications Team with tasks relating to all communications
• Create content for newsletter and press release.
• Update media folder, social media (Facebook and Twitter)
• Add events and training courses to the website, assist with organizing events and activities
Sept 1994 — Present
• Organise, arrange and supervise activities, sports sessions, workshops and events for all ages.
• Create reports and structured plans, communicating with external organisations to provide additional activities, services, funding, support and information
• Responsible for membership management and youth club finance. Also creating quarterly and annual reports, (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
• Marketed and promoted services provided by organisation, communicating to targeted audience through various media (newsletters, posters, social media, website, email etc.)
• Created presentations, information and promotional material using, video, photography, PowerPoint and other media
• Using Hootsuite to Monitor and update website, Social media streams, newsletter and media content.
• Develop and manage online marketing for Youth café and church. Effectively driving brand awareness, engagement and traffic to social media pages, website and online forums.
Aug 1999 – Dec 2006
• Marketed and created customer base
• Create and manage website, forums and other communication accounts to provide a gateway to promoting talent.
• Direct communication with clients, agencies and studio to promote talent or related film. Achieve a strong, visible online presence and develop concepts with viral potential. Continuously monitor online public relations and ensure the success of clients.
• Develop and manage online digital marketing for Young Voices Studio. Effectively driving brand awareness, engagement and traffic to social pages, website and online forums.
• Promote talent and content through various media, channels and a variety of avenues, (competition and video showcase).
Feb 1993 – Aug 2000
• Provided 1st and 2nd line ICT support to students, staff and visitors.
• Responsible for assuring the deliveries, storage and installation of all IT equipment and consumables.
• Daily checks of all equipment to ensure the smooth running of IT services.
• Created, updated and maintained inventory Database.
• Managed Library IT Suite and responsible for issuing password to accounts to authorised staff, booked and scheduled students on IT system, monitored and insured smooth running of IT Suite.
• Helpdesk administration, recording and follow up IT Faults and requests, logging and answering calls.
March - Aug 2016
Digital Marketing Essentials
1992 - 2002
- BTEC 1st Diploma – IT Applications – Merit
- NVQ – Stand Alone Computer Systems – Level 3
- Trent – Certificate in Counselling – Pass
- C&G 720 – Teachers Certificate FE – Stage 1
- CSLA – Community Sports Leader Award – Pass
- New Clait – PowerPoint, Word, Publisher. – Pass
- OCR for Adults Level 2 – (2013) Math’s and English – CT Skills
- Level 1 BTEC Award in Retail & Customer Service Work Skills (Edexcel) – (2013)
OCR ITQ Level 2
Modules included: Artwork and Imagine, Web Design, Bespoke Software (video presentation), PowerPoint E-Presentation
Film Making 5 Day Course
Delivered by Maurice Hutchinson, a freelance Film/TV director with fifteen years experience of directing, His credits include Brookside, Hollyoaks (Channel 4), Dream Team (Sky 1), Young Dracula (BBC) as well as short films
film making process, learning about how films and TV programmes are made and introduced to professional industry standards and practices.
Script breakdown ‘marking up’ a script for shooting
Identifying ‘script sympathetic’ shooting styles
Shot Selection, the use of differing shots for dramatic impact
Scheduling of film shoot
Working with crew and actors
Sound recording considerations i.e. recording atmosphere, wild tracks and avoiding dialogue overlaps
Shot selection i.e. wide, medium, close up and developing shots
Shooting for the edit
Shooting style i.e. handheld, steadycam, tripod and tracking shots
Editing for dramatic impact
QUAD and Creative Exchange – Free Creative and Media Training Courses
Graphic Design – ‘Design a document for an event’ – Mac
• Follow guidelines for a brand
• Create accessible and clear layouts
• Utliise professional graphic design software Adobe InDesign to design a document
Video Editing: March – April 2010
Session included: Creating a Video Trailer from a video – using Finalcut.
An eight week course Jan – Feb 2011
An introductory eight-week course for scriptwriters, covering the basic elements of writing a script: including; structure, character, story, plot, writing loglines, synopses and treatments.
The course will also develop your skills to analyse scripts, and develop a critical approach to your own scriptwriting. Graham Lester-George is a professional scriptwriter for television and film, a former Chair of the Writers’ Guild of Great Britain and an experienced screenwriting tutor.
Graphic Design using Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, Illustraiter and Mac November 2010:
Modules included: Follow guidelines for a brand, Create accessible and clear layouts, Utilise
professional graphic design software Adobe InDesign to design a document. Using Apple Mac